Saturday, September 24, 2011

Overcomplications

You could say my life is already pretty simple.



I cook.
I exercise.
I clean.
I keep these four people alive and intact.
 More specifically, these four people.








I've always had this weird idea that everything in life could be boiled down to a simpler form. We live in an extremely complicated society. There are more choices and responsibilities than have probably ever existed before in the history of man. But what if we are adding layers and encumbrances that don't benefit us in any way? In fact, what if all of these extras are causing the main point of life to be buried, like a hidden treasure, that we MUST find at all costs?

I suppose you could say this blog is an attempt to find that buried treasure. To find the simple equation of anything and everything that touches my life - and probably everyone else's as well.

I think that my previous blog attempt was similar in intent. But in the months that have passed since then, the fog has cleared a little and I feel more focused.

So if you are like me and you find yourself wishing that everything could be simple and real, come along for my journey. Let's find out how we can find that elusive main point that is buried at the bottom of all these inconvenient layers of  life as we know it.

2 comments:

  1. Love the idea of this. One of my favorite quotes is from Leonardi di Vinci. He said "Simplicity is the ultimate luxury." How beautiful is that? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's PERFECT. You've summed it up. Thank you, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete

The Personal Nature of Holy Week

 HOLY WEEK IS PERSONAL. This is Holy Week. Depending on your background and upbringing, this may mean different things to you. Perhaps you t...