Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Need an Editor?


Are you trying to work on a book project and getting overwhelmed? Have you looked into hiring an editor, but you're not in a place to pay their fees? (According to https://www.the-efa.org/rates/ you can expect to pay at least $40 an hour or $.02 per word for minimal, basic editing. That works out to at least $1000 for a 50,000 word book, which comes out to about 200 pages.)

Having been there myself, I know this puts a great majority of writers in a bind, since writing is not a lucrative business most of the time. We write because we can't help it. We write because it pours out of our soul. We write because we have something to say that someone needs to read. But a business minded world will capitalize on anything, even the development of an artist's ability. And the business minded world has figured out that writers need editors. All writers do. The most successful writer in the world still needs an editor, because we can't see what we need to see in our own work.

Finding an exceptional editor who edits from her heart was like striking gold for me. And now that I am in a place where I can offer the same thing to other beginning writers, it is my desire to make that attainable and affordable. That's why I take each editing project as they come, considering the needs of the author, the ability of the author to be able to offer compensation, and the nature of the project. (If I see a story or a message the world needs to read, I will work something out to fit the author's needs.)

If you have need of an editor, whether it be only to correct basic grammar/spelling/typo issues or to help develop and craft a full-length book, I may be able to help, depending on what I already have lined up. I can also assist with creating covers, self-publishing or preparing a manuscript for traditional publishing. Send me a private message to inquire further.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Personal Nature of Holy Week

 HOLY WEEK IS PERSONAL. This is Holy Week. Depending on your background and upbringing, this may mean different things to you. Perhaps you t...