Thursday, December 29, 2011

Best of 2011

My top ten best products, ideas, and entertainment of 2011:

1. Pinterest

If you haven't tried this online organizer of all your ideas and recipes, you must. I have used so many things I found on Pinterest this year I wouldn't be able to even start telling you all of them.

2. Grimm and Once Upon a Time

Two new shows that began this past fall that I'm starting to get into. Both are imaginative and storybookish but in a completely new and twisted way that I am all about. Give them a try if you like "different." (aka, not your run-of-the-mill cop show that seems to be all anyone was cranking out for awhile.)

3. The Hunger Games

By far the best new book series I read in 2011. Completely out there and creatively brilliant. Looking forward to the movie in March.

4. Homeschooling Science Book

This is probably my most favorite curriculum I've found since we started homeschooling. We have learned so much through this book. If you're looking for a good science book, look no further.

5. Michael Buble and One Republic


I had also been in an "only Christian music" mindset (without thinking about it) until my sister reminded me that a writer of fictional romances might do well to download a love song every now and then. She was right. And these two have become popular on my mp3 list.

6. Running


As I gear up to lose another 35 pounds this year (hopefully), I've come to the conclusion that I need to engage in exercise that I don't have to think about. I enjoy the elliptical, but I've found I really enjoy and can get quite addicted to running. Only problem is that so far, my back, knees and feet have decided that they will join forces and sabotage my efforts. I am determined to win. I'm hoping to run 5 miles in 2012. All at once, I mean.

7. Paper Plates


As the kids stack up, I've abandoned my once frugal efforts to save money and the environment by never using paper plates. Doing so has saved me a great deal of time and effort. I realize that most any homeschooling mother of four has already come to this conclusion.

8. Fitness Friends


A few friends and I got together to support each other in our healthy goals. I think that this is one of the major reasons I was able to lose 35 pounds in 2011. It is always better to do something as a group then to try to go it alone.

9. Kohls


I've started doing most of my clothes shopping at Kohl's. I'm finding that it is the best place to find quality for  exceptional prices, especially if you make use of their deals and coupons. I also love the large selection that you just don't find other places.

10.  Coffee


I know I am a bit behind. Most of the normal adults of the world have already discovered the wonders of this handy and tasty little bean. I was in one of those mind blocks that told me I didn't like coffee, coffee made me sick, and I would never appreciate it ever so why in the world would I even try. Then I started adding milk, cocoa, cinnamon, stevia, and whipped cream... and suddenly coffee is an almost daily staple in my world. I even got a new Cuisinart Grind and Brew coffeemaker for Christmas, and I'm in love with it.

There you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Personal Nature of Holy Week

 HOLY WEEK IS PERSONAL. This is Holy Week. Depending on your background and upbringing, this may mean different things to you. Perhaps you t...